mardi 7 mars 2017

Awesome Pack - Big Kid Package

What is it? Awesome Pack
What's in it? This subscription box usually contains 3 games and some goodies. This month, I received 4 games.
How much? 39.99$

Awesome Pack is a monthly subscription box that sends you board games. There's two kind of box, the family one and the big kid one. I ordered the second. Each box contains three games, a small one, a medium one and a big one. The games is selected taking your profile into account.


I was excited to receive my first Awesome Pack because I love board games.
Their website says that they'll send the box between the two last weeks of the month, but mine was sent the first week of the next month.


Le boomb! - 10$

''Roll the die to see if the bomb changes hands, stays put.... or explodes!''

A small and simple game, but I don't think I will like it. I love elaborated ones, but I'll give it a try because usually I love dices games. This bomb and die have a 4.4 out of 10 note on the BoardGameGeek website, so I don't think it will be the game of the century and this one have a playing time of 2 minutes so that's not enough for a night of fun.

Pop Culture Trivia Game - 12,95$

''From Marlon Brando to Miley Cyrus and Walkman to Ipods. This game is littered with the people, products, and trends that have shaped our world."

I can't wait to give it a try, even if it's not the kind of game I play with my friends. I believe I will have fun and that I'll learn a lot with this. This game have a 6 out of 10 note on BoardGameGeek, that's not so bad.

Some questions of the game:
'' - What is Hillary Clinton's maiden name?''
   - What Simpsons character runs the Kwik-E-Mart?''



Gold Ahoy! - 13.99$

'' Claim the treasure for yourself. When you have more paths to the treasure than your opponent - it is yours. Act smart!''

 I can't wait to play this game with my boyfriend. We wanted to have a pirate-themed game and there it is!  On the other hand, I'm scared that this game will not be strategic enough for me. We'll see.
This game have a note of 5.7 out of 10 on the BoardGameGeek website. It's not that bad.

Vampire Queen - 17.67$

 ''Do what you must to protect your vampire queen!''

This game have a not of 6.4 out of 10 on BoardGameGeek, therefore, this is the game with the highest note of the box. According to this website, the best number of players is 5 to 8, that's not always easy to get that many people on the same night, but I will not hesitate to organize a gaming night with my friends just to play this game. This is the game I'm the most interested in from this box.


Overall, I liked this box. There's only one game that I don't like and it's Le Boomb. I can't wait to play Vampire Queen and Pop Culture Trivia Game. I will stay subscribed to the Awesome Pack box and I'm excited to see what next month will bring me.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire